12-30-2017 05:02 PM
I just bought a brand new HP Zbook Studio G3, I cannot for the life of figure out how to wake the laptop after sleep without using the power button. If hook any external mouse ot keyboard it will not wake the machine. I tried a fresh windows install, powercfg in CMD, and device manager and try to select "Allow this device to wake the computer" the option is grayed out. The laptops own keyboard is unable to wake the machine from sleep either.
This issue is driving me nuts, I prefre to wiggle the mouse or use a external keyboard to wake the machin. if I continually have to use the power button it will eventually wear out.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
01-01-2018 10:11 AM - edited 01-01-2018 10:35 AM
I flipped thorugh the manuals, according to the manual it's suppose to be a bios setting, however it does not exists. I have the latest bios version. Do you see "Wake on USB" in your bios? HP needs to step in here and figure this out, this is basic functionality. I was on a support chat for 2 hours trying to troubleshoot this. I took screenshots and posted them below for proof:
- HP PCs - Changing the Default Apps (Windows 10)
- Information About Support for Windows 7 or Windows 10 on 2016-2017 Business PCs
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- HP Business PCs and Tablets - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs, Tablets and Accessories - Using USB Type-C to Transfer Power and Data