Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp probook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Sir,

I am using hp pro book 2 laptops(windows 10 os) .two laptops are very slow to open any application.it is the worst situation at that time. I have important work than that time laptop is struck or slow . could guide me or call me  7799200066. when I am calling customer care number 18002587270  it is asking passcode I don't know the passcode. please call me and guide me

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

Run somethings like...

MalwareBytes

Ccleaner

Defraggler

Check what loads at boot/startup...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/

Sysinternals      Autoruns

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

Hello

could you be more precise about the Probook model ? there are tens models.

Which version of Windows 10 ? 1809 , 1803,  1709 or 1703 ?

HOw many gigabyte are in your computer ?

which CPU ?

Which disk type HDD or SSD

do you see in Task Manager is there is a process using resources ?

more details you provides , more possibilities to get someone helping you.

I have  a workstation 6 years old with 12GB but sometime it become slow , jus tbecause Windows 10 starts some process in backgroud able to keep my disk C: at 100% for several minutes. Then I discovered the process and modified task schedulare in order to run it when the computer is idle.

You need to do some analysis on your system. It could be a bad driver or something in Windows 10.

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.