Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hewlett-Packard - USB - 2/10/2017 12:00:00 AM - 44.1.2402.1741

The above driver is already currently installed in this system 3 times since the 28 of June 2022.

It continues to be pushed for installation upward of 25 times including today.

WHY?

And you do not even have a Board for it.

Please stop that nuisance.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can prevent that update from continuously showing up by running the Microsoft Hide Windows Update utility that I zipped up and attached below.

Download, unzip and run the utility.

It will run and find the troublesome USB update.

Check the box to hide the update.

The utility will run and report the problem is fixed.

Restart the PC.

If the update is still there, try to run it and it will disappear and will not return unless you run the Hide Windows update utility again and uncheck the box to hide the update.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Actually, I have already been using such tool, which is able to find the offending driver and appears to hide it, reporting that is fixed, yet it does not prevent it from showing again in Windows Update like the next day or boot.

Is kind of odd.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, that is odd because I have given that method to several forum members that have had the problem and the Hide Windows update utility has fixed it unless they haven't replied back and indicated the update came back again.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if running the tool indicates that you can check the box to hide the update again.

HP Recommended

So that you are aware. The driver continues to show up nearly every other day, in spite of my use of the hiding program.  No problem, just a mild inconvenience.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

why it don't load on computer window 11

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.