Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
2VE68LP#ABM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

AL remplazar la system board de una pc HP ProDesk 400 G3 mini (N/P: 2VE68LP#ABM)  no permite colocar el serial del chasis al bios de la nueva system borad, he utilizado varios software como el HP Bios Configuration Utility (BCU) entre otros me indican que no soportan estos bios para hacer el cambio.. que sugerencia tienen para éste problema, y sea con una combinación de teclas o algún software para éstos modelos de equipos..

When replacing the system board of an HP ProDesk 400 G3 mini PC (P/N: 2VE68LP#ABM) it does not allow to put the chassis serial to the bios of the new system board, I have used various software such as the HP Bios Configuration Utility (BCU) among others, they tell me that they do not support these bios to make the change... what suggestion do you have for this problem, and be it with a combination of keys or some software for these equipment models...

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if this solution on the HP Spanish Support forum also works for your model PC.

Solucionado: Re: Cambio de motherboard HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF... - Comunidad de Soporte HP - 12191...

HP Recommended

Hi

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community.This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Gracias Paul por tu sugerencia.. pero éste equipo es formato mini y su estructura es parecida a la de una laptop y no funciona la opción de Ctrl+A..

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul for your suggestion... but this equipment is in a mini format and its structure is similar to that of a laptop and the Ctrl+A option does not work.

HP Recommended

Thank you Rodrigo for the suggestion... I already added the question in English and leave the Spanish one as well...
Anyway, I'm sending the question directly to you.

HP Recommended

When replacing the system board of an HP ProDesk 400 G3 mini PC (P/N: 2VE68LP#ABM) it does not allow to put the chassis serial to the bios of the new system board, I have used various software such as the HP Bios Configuration Utility (BCU) among others, they tell me that they do not support these bios to make the change... what suggestion do you have for this problem, and be it with a combination of keys or some software for these equipment models...

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Since the method I posted didn't work for you, your only other option would be to take the PC to an authorized HP service center and have them 'tattoo' the BIOS with the correct information using an HP proprietary DMI tool like you have to do with a laptop PC.

HP Recommended

Ok Paul... unfortunately here there are no hp direct services and the few service centers that remain do not perform these jobs... with respect to serial tattoo software... I have used almost all of them... from the DMI to the BCU and I indicate that this board is not supported by that software... that's why my question is if there isn't some combination of keys or somehow reset the bios so that it allows me to enter the equipment data from scratch...

Thanks for being outstanding..

And if you get any solution.. I'm attentive..

HP Recommended

how did you get this replacement board?

new replacement boards from HP will prompt for this information before finishing the boot sequence on the fst power up

boards removed from new (or used) systems will not ask this and will have the serial that matches the case labels ser number

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.