Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP z440
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In the Z440 Specs overview PDF is says that it DOES support 2 Nvidia Quadro M4000 cards

but that it supports only a SINGLE Quadro p4000 card. Is this really the case?

The M4000 is a 120 Watt card

The P4000 is a 105 Watt card

I have the 700 Watt PSU

Why would it possibly be unsupported in the Z440?? I would really love to add another p4000 to speed up rendering times.

Is there someone running two quadro p4000 cards in a z440 system without a problem?

Hope hearing from someone who knows the answer

All the best,

Wieger

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I still very much have this question today

No one tried this?

I decided to mail my dealer with this question and they contacted HP.

The answer was:

"We only support and guarantee 1x P4000 on the Z440"

Yes.

I've read that in de specsheet.. 

Does this mean it might just work, but isn't officially supported? 

HP Recommended

The answer to your question is yes.

HP does extensive qualification testing before certifying that some add-on works reliably and in combination with their other certified components for that workstation.  You can imagine the combinations and permutations.  Many of us are using components that were never certified to work by HP but do just fine.

HP must choose many times that it is just not worth the effort because the market for such a combo is just so small in the "lesser" Z440 but they may justify it for the Z640.  And, the motherboards are almost identical.

That is part of this forum.... you test two and let us know.  We test something else and post it here to let you know.  We self-certify.

HP Recommended

Ah yes, I understand..

I'll let you know my findings when I've added another one

Thank you

HP Recommended

if your wanting SLI, then the answer is no if you want the sec card for use as a co-processor then yes power wise the system can support 2 of these cards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.