Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I need to upgrade the HP Compaq 8100 Elite CMT, Pre Installed: 4GB RAM installed and Intel (R) HD Graphics (Corei5) with Available Graphic Memory 1563MB but dedicated is only 64MB and shared is 1499Mb. I want to upgrade 8 GB RAM and 2 GB dedicated Graphic Card. Please let me know is it possible to install dedicated Graphic card and what card i should use with my system. Further, i want to install 64 bit operating system before its 32 bit, do i also need to upgrade the BIOS ?

Any clarification and assistance will be appreciated !

Product Number: WJ983EA#ABV

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

I installed an AMD Radeon HD 6570 1 GB video card in my 8200 Elite CMT. It has the same 325W P/S as yours and the HD 6570 was an optional card offered on the 8200 Elite CMT.

I liked the card so much, I put one in my dc7800 CMT and it works fine with that PC too.

They make 2 GB models of that card as well.

You do not need to update the BIOS to install a video card and the video card automatically disables the onboard video.

Call the number listed for Business PC's/Notebooks and ask for a set of 64 bit recovery disks for the version of windows that is on the Microsoft COA sticker on your PC's case.

You can call HP for the country you live in at the link below.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

BTW, your PC can take up to 16 GB of PC3-10600 memory if you want to go beyond 8 GB.

HP Recommended

Hello,

HP Compaq 8100 supports a max memory (RAM) of 16GB. It has 4 sockets for memory and per socket can take upto 4GB module. Your system supports " PC3-8500 (1066MHz)  / PC3-10600 (1333MHz) DDR3 SDRAM DIMM 240pin".

You can find the memory for your system in any of the following sites - Crucial, Memorystock, memoryx, Amazon.

Best Regards,
John

Hello

I need to know the equivalent part number of memory for the computer HP Elite 8100 XR108LT # ABM .., Would you mind to help me to find the equivalent part number in any other brand like  

Kind Regards

@Xqzit wrote:

Hello,

HP Compaq 8100 supports a max memory (RAM) of 16GB. It has 4 sockets for memory and per socket can take upto 4GB module. Your system supports " PC3-8500 (1066MHz)  / PC3-10600 (1333MHz) DDR3 SDRAM DIMM 240pin".

You can find the memory for your system in any of the following sites - Crucial, Memorystock, memoryx, Amazon.

Hynix, Samsung, Corsair, Markvision

Kind Regards

HP Recommended

hii iam using HP Compaq 8100 Elite ......

Iam planing to upgrade my ram size up to 8gb

currently using only 2gb and also it have only 2 ram slot

so i purchased one 8gb DDR3 ram.......

is this 8gb supported for this configuration

If not plzz sujest the supported one

plezzzzzzz help me..............................................................................................................................

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.