Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP t430

I have an HP t430 that I am trying to image. I have the HPDM 4.7.3610.29597 set up. I can send tasks fine except for imaging tasks. I am trying to deploy an image, but it keeps failing. OS is Windows IoT LTSB 1607 on the thin client. Agent version is 4.7.3669.29648. When I push the image from HPDM, the thin client boots into the HP imaging tool, but then hangs on Set up share folder.

I am using SMB for the repository. The user credentials are in the format of domain\username and it tests out fine. I have enabled guest access to this share folder and have confirmed that I can create, modify, and delete folders and files on the share from a local account on the thin client. 

The error is 1083392. 

2018-11-02 10:59:56 [Error Details]: Deploy image using repository Master Repository. Failed to download 18WWDTAJ601_050318_us.ibr from /Repository/Images/18WWDTAJ601_050318_us. Failed to execute DeployImage task. ErrorCode: 1083392, Error Info: ..\..\Task\common\ImageTask.cpp@255: Failed to connect the shared folder. ..\..\Task\common\ImageTask.cpp@254: The network location cannot be reached. For information about network troubleshooting, see Windows Help. ..\..\Task\common\ImageTask.cpp@255: Failed to connect the shared folder. ..\..\Task\common\ImageTask.cpp@254: The network location cannot be reached. For information about network troubleshooting, see Windows Help.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
  1. Can you please confirm the size of boot.wim file at :..\HPDM\Repository\Tools\Imaging\WinPE\sources\ of your repository ?Make sure that's 242 MB 
  2. Are you using IP address or FQDN as for repository server address?
  3. Is there any special charaters for user name and password?

If there is no issue with boot.wim file, please try use IP address as repository server address plus a local user with simple password to eliminate SMB connection issue in WinPE.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have this exact problem, my WIM file is 174MB. I have checked and triple checked credentials etc. How can I get the correct WIM file?

Thanks

HP Recommended

FYI we have HP DM 4.7 SP10, it's a fresh install not upgraded ; HP DM is installed on Windows Server 2012 R2 ; as above, the Repository WinPE boot.wim is 174MB dated 14 Aug 2015 2:20pm

We just have the Master Repository in our deployment on the same server ; we have set up HTTPS Embedded, SMB, and FTPS ; access is all testing ok ; we have tried IP address ; we have tried a simple local access account instead of domain ; simple password.

We are trying to deploy the factory Win 10 image to a HP T530 ; the task is attempting SMB for access ; the task  returns the error below.

2018-11-26 17:15:10 [Error Details]: Deploy image using repository Master Repository. Failed to download 17WWETAJ603_ABA_1019.ibr from /Repository/Images/17WWETAJ603_ABA_1019. Failed to execute DeployImage task. ErrorCode: 1083392, Error Info: ..\..\Task\common\ImageTask.cpp@255: Failed to connect the shared folder. ..\..\Task\common\ImageTask.cpp@254: The network location cannot be reached. For information about network troubleshooting, see Windows Help. ..\..\Task\common\ImageTask.cpp@255: Failed to connect the shared folder. ..\..\Task\common\ImageTask.cpp@254: The network location cannot be reached. For information about network troubleshooting, see Windows Help.

HP Recommended

Hi Mike, 

The issue is due to the installer mistakenly registed some of the font files to the system, during the upgrade, those files can't be deleted since they're still in using - try delete files under ‘repository\tools\imaging\winPE\boot\fonts’ and you will see the warning.

The workaround is

1. Uninstall the fonts from control panel

2. Reboot the system

3. Rerun the  SP10 installer.

Then you will have the correct version of HPDM 4.7 sp10. The fix will be included in the next service pack.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

Thank you very much Chen, this was exactly the issue. Fantastic, you are the HP DM expert.

If you could please have a look at this one, that would be so much appreciated - it is to do with failure applying 2018 October KB4462917 update post-imaging - the update is apparently not applicable although I believe it is the correct update:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-T530-Windows-10...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.