Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z600 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hi,

I take the hard disk from my old Z400, fully functional with Windows 7 Ultimate, I try to insert it into the Z600 Workstation Serial number [Personal Information Removed].
When I start the Z600 it gives me the signal that the PC cannot find the boot and Windows does not start.
Previously, when I switched the hard drive that was on the Z600 and I mounted it in the new Z840 there was no problem.
Is there a way to make the hard drive that was on my Z400 boot on the Z600?
Thanks for any reply.
P.S.:
if there is a way, explain step by step why I am very clueless.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

carefully check the bios settings on the z400 it should be at the default of raid+AHCI then make sure the z600 is also at the same setting as the z400's setting

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

carefully check the bios settings on the z400 it should be at the default of raid+AHCI then make sure the z600 is also at the same setting as the z400's setting

HP Recommended

thanks, I'll try tomorrow.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help,

unfortunately, being incapable I am afraid to touch the BIOS because if I do some damage then who can help me?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.