Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z840
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody,

Was hoping to get my HP Z840 quieter by replacing the stock CPU cooler with HP Z 3D Vapor cooler. Unfortunately, that didn't work out. Volume of the HP Z840 and temperature of the CPU's at idle with both variants 45 dBA and 53° Celsius. Am I doing something wrong here or is this just a marketing gag from HP? So €300 for nothing?

kind regards,

LotIonan

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

well since the z840 systems i serviced/maintained along with the earlier z820 systems for my clients never idled with 45 db sound (how are you arriving at this number?) and they  idled at around 32/38 c in  air conditioned office(s) that were  around 70/75 "F" on the stock high performance coolers running dual 130 watt cpu's

i'd say you have got something out of whack........................................the air coolers/air shroud are interchangeable between the z820/z840 systems

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.