Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@SDH Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to search for that part for me. I can't tell you how much it is appreciated that you were willing to help a total stranger and take time out of your day to do all that digging!

3x 6-pin PSU cable ordered! and 6-pin to 8-pin adapter ordered!

hopefully it all goes together smoothly!

HP Recommended

Happy to help.. team effort here.  The advanced search techniques are good to exercise sometimes.

It would be great if you could update this post later with a couple of pictures and/or just letting us know how it went.  I don't know if this will be easy or hard.

HP Recommended

i've replaced the entire wiring harness in a z820 (the z840 is almost the same) it's not that hard

in this case the "OP" only needs to "ADD" not replace a single small cable for the z840

i would be careful however if you still have the 850 watt supply installed

if the new cable mates to the 850's pwr gpu pins you could overload the supply if you try using the new gpu pins

i recommend you don't try using them

and i would check if the 12v/gnd  is on the right pins before connecting anything to it

HP Recommended

I recently upgraded my power supply so I could add the new RTX GPU's and even though it says there is none on hand at the HP store I did indeed after a bit receive that cable. The hard part was taking out the G1 aux cable and replacing it with the new G1 G2 and G3 aux cable. I was amazed it did indeed work and now I have the cable in and the PSU has worked like a charm as well. Nice to finally have a decent PSU for future upgrades. I believe with the 1125w you can add two 300w GPU's or 3 250w GPU's.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.