Level 1
14 8 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

POST Error Message

HP Recommended
Z210 CMT Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm using a Z210 Workstation for gaming and general use, not in a business environment.  Although I am connected to a private (home) network.

Whenever I boot up the error message "PXE-E01: PC Vender and Device IDs do not Match!" appears for several seconds during POST.  It doesn't hinder bootup or use, but it is a nag I'd like to get rid of.  I've searched through BIOS for something pertaining to the network that I could disable, but nothing seems to work.  Will someone point me in the right direction to get rid of the error message, please?

Xeon E3-1240

12GB DDR3

120GB SSD

1TB HDD

GTX 1060 (replaced 2 x Nvidia NVS 315 Pro Graphic cards)

5 REPLIES 5
DGroves
Level 11
4,393 4,377 398 908
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

try disconnecting/disabling from your router or wireless connection, and power on the system off then on do you get the error when there is no connection to the router/internet?

you may be running outdated network firmware (boot agent)  for the nic which is embedded on your motherboard

go to the HP driver page for your z210 and make sure the bios and nic firmware are current

it's strongly recomended that bios updates be done using usb key, or from withing the bios, updating from within windows can cause issues

if you don't understand the Nic firmware update procedure DO NOT ATTEMPT IT

a quick fix to hide the msg during boot is to enter the bios and disable "network boor rom "

0 Kudos
Clutchc
Author
Level 1
14 8 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, even with no connection to the router the same error msg appears. 

Firmware or driver?  When I installed W10 Pro, I let Win install the latest NIC driver from its updates.  (4/2016)  I have no idea where to find the NIC firmware.

I have a feeling the error msg has to do with something it expects to see relating to its last office environment possibly.  Would re-flashing the BIOS clean things up?

0 Kudos
DGroves
Level 11
4,393 4,377 398 908
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

clear cmos settings.

did you do a full "clean" reinstall of windows 10?

if not i would recheck the network settings to see if someone entered settings manually

0 Kudos
Clutchc
Author
Level 1
14 8 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I stumbled on the reason for the error message... I think.  The machine originally had a pair of Nvidia NVS 315 professional graphic cards installed.  I put those back in and booted up; no more error message!

Now what?

0 Kudos
DGroves
Level 11
4,393 4,377 398 908
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no, the system has custom network settings entered you need to reset them back to defaults

1. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network reset.
  2. On the Network reset screen, select Reset now > Yes to confirm.

if they configured the network settings via group policy, then the above may not work and you will be best served doing a "clean" reinstall of windows

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation