Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP t620 Flexibler Thin-Client
Linux

On a local bash I can use:

service hpdmagent --full-restart

and it works, but not within a HPDM task.

Is there a possibility to restart the HPDM agent by HPDM Task?

I have tried following ways with and without sudo:

1. _File and Registry > Script

service hpdmagent --full-restart

2. _File and Registry > Script-File

Deploy Script-File

Run Script-File

With both ways the agent stops but don't restarts and the tasks is still running "in progess"!

Kind regards

Lukas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Create a text file "ManipulateDMAgent.sh" with below command in it:

#!/bin/sh

sleep 3

/etc/init.d/hpdmagent stop

# you can add more here per needs, like I want to remove the log files: rm –f /etc/hpdmagent/*.log

/etc/init.d/hpdmagent start

1. Download the file to /tmp
  2. Add Command subtask chmod +x /tmp/manipulateDMAgent.sh to make the file executable
  3. Add Command subtask /tmp/manipulateDMAgent.sh to execute it with WAIT option(in DM template) set to "No"

Note: you might see “bad interpreter” error on ThinPro. Please make sure the .sh file is converted to UNIX (via third party editor or “set ff=unix” locally) before executing it.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Create a text file "ManipulateDMAgent.sh" with below command in it:

#!/bin/sh

sleep 3

/etc/init.d/hpdmagent stop

# you can add more here per needs, like I want to remove the log files: rm –f /etc/hpdmagent/*.log

/etc/init.d/hpdmagent start

1. Download the file to /tmp
  2. Add Command subtask chmod +x /tmp/manipulateDMAgent.sh to make the file executable
  3. Add Command subtask /tmp/manipulateDMAgent.sh to execute it with WAIT option(in DM template) set to "No"

Note: you might see “bad interpreter” error on ThinPro. Please make sure the .sh file is converted to UNIX (via third party editor or “set ff=unix” locally) before executing it.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.