Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z2 Tower G4 Base Model Workstation

When you press the power button, a red light will flash three times with three beeps, followed by two white lights with two beeps. It repeats five times, I cannot access the boot and the monitor does not turn on. After that, three red lights and then two white lights are repeated, but without sound

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Ramtin2 wrote:

When you press the power button, a red light will flash three times with three beeps, followed by two white lights with two beeps. It repeats five times, I cannot access the boot and the monitor does not turn on. After that, three red lights and then two white lights are repeated, but without sound

According to the Maintenance and Service Guide the cause is Memory is installed incorrectly or is bad.

Solution:

1. Reseat DIMMs. Turn on the system.
2. Replace DIMMs one at a time to isolate the faulty module.

NOTE: DIMM1 or XMM1 must always be installed. DIMM1 must be
installed before DIMM3.

3. Replace third-party memory with HP memory.
4. Replace the system board.

IMPORTANT: To avoid damage to the DIMMs or the system board, you
must unplug the computer power cord before attempting to reseat,
install, or remove a DIMM module.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

HP Recommended

thanks for your guide. But the said solutions did not answer and the problem still persists. I think the problem is the motherboard! Thank you for your advice, how to physically reset the motherboard settings? And secondly, what motherboard do you recommend for Z2G4 tower case with CPU core 9900 kf? Is there any other motherboard that can be installed on the z2 tower case other than the hp motherboard? Thanks in advance for your help

HP Recommended

@Ramtin2 wrote:

...how to physically reset the motherboard settings? And secondly, what motherboard do you recommend for Z2G4 tower case with CPU core 9900 kf?

To clear the CMOS i do it by removing the battery from the motherboard and then wait a couple of minutes until i put it back.

For a Z2G4 i would opt for a Z2G4 motherboard. Too much work trying to fit another motherboard since they simply wont fit without modifications of the case.

HP Recommended

Now, after three red lights and three beeps, three white lights and three beeps are heard

HP Recommended

From which site can I buy motherboard z2g4!?

HP Recommended

@Ramtin2 wrote:

From which site can I buy motherboard z2g4!?

I don´t know where you are located, but you can go to HP PartSurfer and enter the part/product/serial number of the computer to find the correct part number for the motherboard. Google the part number and several places to buy will show up. You can try eBay as well if the computer isn´t to new.

Or, open the computer and look up the correct part number on a sticker on the motherboard.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your guidance. Be successful and healthy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.