Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Erico and Eric,

Happy to help.  Erico went above and beyond the call of duty for you.  Eric.... that "left" side I believe is the one without a full height PCI card under it.  

If there had been a PCI card under each side of the device I believe the method would have worked equally well on both sides.  Maybe this is a case of the engineer trying to get too fancy rather than having one device for each card.  I'm quite sure, however, that the green ones would not work in your Z240 tower workstation.  Your tower QuickSpecs talk about a retention bracket option for support at the middle of the card.  This is what that was, and I agree it is not needed.

Video cards used to be much heavier and bigger, but the current ones really don't need added support once they are locked in place in the slot and at the backplane end.

Congrats!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.