Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp pro 6300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got 2 of these in from a refurb guy and i cannot remove the top to save my life.  I am a big ole boy and have plenty of hand and arm strength, not to mention I have been doing this 30 years.  I have worked on hundreds of these HP sff and never seen this before?  Is there a way they locked the lids beside the obvious loop in the back.  I even used a small pry bar and I can bend this thing like you would not believe but the top don't budge.  Shine a flashlight inside and do not see anything unusual?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

sometimes the case gets warped, or the handle you pull up to release the latching hooks does not actually fully disengage

visualise your hand pointing fingers down, now now curl one finger, that's what the two hooks look like they engage the metal frame of the case on either edge of the with of the latch

if you carefully fiddle with it using a small flat bladed screwdriver you might be able to push them back, both are connected to the same pivot rod, so moving one will also move the other

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

sometimes the case gets warped, or the handle you pull up to release the latching hooks does not actually fully disengage

visualise your hand pointing fingers down, now now curl one finger, that's what the two hooks look like they engage the metal frame of the case on either edge of the with of the latch

if you carefully fiddle with it using a small flat bladed screwdriver you might be able to push them back, both are connected to the same pivot rod, so moving one will also move the other

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.