Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP48gx

i still use my old 48GX with a TDS cogo card for calculating all my coordinates. i need to transfer my point file to my new HP PC with windows 10 using carlson survey 2014.

i bought the 48 to USB cable that came with a disc. i cant get the PC to find the data...(it keeps looking for comm 1)

i also have civil 3D has an option but had the same problem trying that route.

i need help! i must be missing some driver download somewhere.........

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I do not have any direct experience with this calculator, the card, or these particular data files. Generally, though, you use the HP Connectivity Kit to connect your PC to your calculator by USB cable. This Kit provides mechanisms to backup, restore, and exchange data and programs. The version for the HP 50G might work with your calculator.

HP Recommended

Hi!, @malagahack:

For transfer data, to and from HP48G/G+/GX, you needed ...

1 - Cable connector from HP48GX - F1897-66000 (Serial DB9 female -10 pin).

1 - Adapter - F1633-66001 (10 pin to 4 pin).

1 - Adapter serial USB to DB9 male pin out - Belkin F5U-109 (P80737-A) or similar.

1 - Female - Female Null Modem Mini Adapter.

Too, needed in your PC, the software installed, of Connectivity Kit (Conn4X).

See, this help's ... 

http://www.keesvandersanden.nl/calculators/link_cables.php

http://www.samsoncables.com/catalog/prodByCat.cfm?categoryid=6

If needed more help, only write. 

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
HP Recommended

For what it's worth I'm locked in the same lonely battle as I've been moved into the office during the winter months with the task of getting a 48gx to interact with a Windows 7 machine running Traverse PC.  TPC will transfer files but it's buggy and I've lost trust so I'm working on transferring direct from HP48 to Windows7. Getting HP connectivity software installed on the 7 was easy enough but I couldn't get it to download the Xsrvr48 to the 48 until I simply called it "ALPHA", instead of ALPHA X or just X.  There are common instructions for getting that port thing figured out, I'm on comm 4 but that's earlier on in the battle.  Pushed the wrong button this morning and got the "recover memory" message.  That didn't work so I had to reinstall the TDS cards, no biggy.  With that, I reinstalled Xsrvr48 and it transferred a file beautifully but it did not leave it in a TDS directory.  That was one step forward, now I'm two back as I try to recreate my file transfer success and then I'll try to figure out that file system.  I envy you for running Carlson but Windows 10.  Let me know if you've had any further success of if my feedback helped in any way.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.