Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to know if HP or Window have their own program to monitor PC temperature? 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @_guyver12,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you need more information on how to monitor the temperature on your HP notebook. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the exact model of the PC? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

What exactly seems to be an issue with the computer? Do you get any error message on the computer?

Does the computer shuts down due to overheating?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

You may first check if any process is running high. Task Manager displays the programs, processes, and services that are currently running on your computer. You can use Task Manager to monitor your computer’s performance.

Follow these steps:

a. While on the desktop, right-click on the taskbar, click on Task Manager.
b. Click on the Processes tab and check if any processes that is running high.

If none of the process is running high then I suggest you to update the graphics card driver and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Let's start off by updating the Bios, Chipset and graphics card drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Once done, restart the PC and check how it goes.

Step 2: 

I would suggest you to check with the following steps to try and resolve overheating issues:

a) Clean air vents and check if air fan is working or not.
b) Use some software, then, check if your system's fan is working at right speed.
c) Do not use your notebook/laptop on a surface that block air vents.
d) Thermal pads might be burnt. Try replacing them with new one.
e) There might be some fault with the hardware. You can get it checked with professional expert.
f) Adjust power settings to your needs. Lower energy consumption will result lower heat generation. 
g) Never leave operating laptop with closed lid. This always generates heat inside laptop. You may close lid only if laptop will automatically go into sleep or hibernation mode.
h) You may also try installing latest software and drivers from the manufacturer website.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same question

HP Recommended

I need to know if HP or Windows have their own program to monitor PC temperature? 

The HP Support Assistant is installed on many HP computers.  Maybe, it can report.

Also, the HP Hardware Diagnostics is installed on many HP computers.  Maybe, it can report.

Or, Google-search for "download free SPECCY".

SPECCY can report on the temperature of the motherboard, the processor, and the disk-drive.

HP Recommended

i know this is an older blog but to those of you still looking for a cpu monitor coretemp is the way to go, its pretty portable to, ive used it for years without flaw.

HP Recommended

There is a program that is called AIDA, it will get you know all about temperature and other indicators of your machine and OS too

In America, anyone can become president. That’s the problem
HP Recommended

Just because a person wants to monitor their system temperatures doesn't mean that something is wrong. In fact, this is often a method of preventative maintenance in order to avoid problems in the future. 

I'd expect a support representative for a major PC manufacturer to know that...

HP Recommended

@_guyver12 wrote:

I need to know if HP or Window have their own program to monitor PC temperature? 

HP Recommended

Well, I see that the question was not solved, so, since I have the same problem, I want to add something.
When the poster talks about Color Temperature, it's not about overheating... it's color calibration!
Many monitors have presets of calibratetion with base temperature, like cool (blue tone), medium or warm(yellow tone).
My notebook screen has cold color, something around 3600K, which is a pain for me when working with photo treatament, because I tend to overcompensate this blue tone, making photos more yellow in a calibrated screen or when printed.
Intel HD graphics won't have any option to change the color temperature of the monitor. Is there a way to chose the color temperature for our screens?

Thanks in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.