Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello:

Low-volume poster here, but not new to computers or to user forums. This problem is unique to this forum.

Experiencing ongoing issues trying to login here to this forum, even from the same computer (let alone trying to login from my laptop).

Every time I enter my user ID and PW I am prompted that one/both is wrong.

I end up having to create a new password every time. (I do not use "remember", b/c I do not store any passwords on my computer, preferring to enter them manually.)

I am using FF 3.6.13 with NoScript and ABP, but even disabling those extensions and allowing all the page scripts doesn't make a difference.

It is apparent that every time I change my PW here, it seems only to work for the current session.

When I try to log in again, from the same computer, a day or two or a month or two later, it does not recognize it.

The only thing more annoying than posts going unanswered is having to struggle just to log in!

Please advise.

Thanks

daledoc1
------------------------------
Officejet Pro 8600 Premium (USB-main DT & wireless-LT)
Officejet 7410 (USB-old DT & wireless-LT) - still working fine!
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If I remember correctly, when you change your password you're sent an email, am I right?  And I think there's a link in the email to get back onto the site.  Are you using that link?  If not, your new password won't be registered.

Did someone help you? Pay it forward. Help someone else.
NC4400, TC4400 Win 7 Ultimate, xp pro, both dual boot
a bunch of thinkpads
HP Recommended

Hi, topmahof:

Thanks for your reply - that's a good thought.

But no, I never get any confirmation email with "click this link" about having changed my password (though that is typical at most forums, to be sure).

So, as I mentioned, every time I try to log in, I have to create a new one.  Nothing seems to stick.

There is something extremely wonky about this forum platform (aside from the non-intuitive navigation, weak content, etc.).

It is MOST frustrating, especially when coupled with the fact that there never seems to be a reply to post asking for support with hardware or software.

I assume that HP folks hardly/never monitor/participate.

And there are only so many HP users who have the intestinal fortitude to stick it out.

Thanks for the suggestion, and I do appreciate it.

But I guess I'll have to endure as long as I can, though the handwriting seems to be on the wall re: continued use of HP products.

Disappointed,

daledoc1

daledoc1
------------------------------
Officejet Pro 8600 Premium (USB-main DT & wireless-LT)
Officejet 7410 (USB-old DT & wireless-LT) - still working fine!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.