Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet J4580
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I do not so much have a question, but since my product is out of warranty, and since I have found a work-around solution for the time being....I simply wish to alert HP and the Community that the issues surround the HP Solution Center for Printers/Scanner/All-in-One devices is still relevant. The bulletins are helpful as they appear in the support pages for software and drivers...however the suggestions contained have not proven sufficient to solve this issue in my case. Attached is a screen shot of the bulletin I refer to. The Windows update fix has not resolved the issue, nor does unistalling and reinstallation of Adobe Flash. I have even gone so far as to uninstall some of the cumulative Microsoft Windows updates for Windows 10...the problem remains...the software will download, but it cannot completely install--it cannot completely uninstall....The HP Solution Center will not open because the installation is incomplete. 

Screenshot

~Patrick
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.