Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, I have tried for a few days to get repairs for a hp Notebook that is in warranty and the website makes **bleep** sure that I cannot... I cannot even get the phone number for support unless the support desk or whereever it is is open at the current time. Why should I not be able to get the phone number??? We are in a different time zone and need to call when we can so we would need the number handy so we can call when support is open, not have to find a computer; go to the website to see if we can find if the phone number is available...

It seems like a dodge to keep people from getting warranty repairs... Why hide the phone number! I have gone to a couple of places on the website and filled out forms for support and each time I get an email that that is not the correct place but no one says exactly where the correct place is or a phone number to contact. This is deliberate and a severe waste of my time.

Why does HP act this way??? and where can I get this computer warranty repaired?

HP 15-g029wm / CND4131R6H. The memory is bad and needs to be replaced which use to be a 2 minute operation. Now the computer has to be taken apart to change the memory module... Why is this process so hard now? I need to get this done, have been trying since 2/21/2015...

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This was an attempt to get service and as you can see, I got a reference number and soon afterwards I got an email stating that this area was not for support of this computer which is strange since I had to enter the computer make and model to move forward on the form...

Thank you for contacting HP for your service request. This email confirms your request for service and the details are below.

Your request is being worked on under reference number 4650768547.

Product description: HP 15-g029wm Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) Product number: F9H61UA Serial number: cnd4131r6h Problem description: SCM_HW:Memory Bad

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.