Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would wish that the "HP Support Assistant" would be respectful to the choices that I make.

Please understand that when I choose to remove the HP Support Assistant toolbar through the settings for the taskbar I do that because I do not want the software to be in the taskbar. If I would have wanted the toolbar to  be shown in the taskbar I would not be removing it (through the settings)

Windows have a place for background software and their notifications to be at , that place is known as "notification area".

There are also a function to show messages already, the icon for that i at the end of the taskbar. 

I know that I can remove the notifications through the settings in HP Support Assistant so that I will not have the toolbar to re-appear and that makes me not to be notified on updates ... I want the notifications but not the toolbar.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.