Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Today I spent a total of 2 1/2 hours on the phone to get a replacement for a HP Personal Media drive that had failed under warranty. Although the customer service people were courteous, HP's policies and procedures seem to suggest that if they waste enough time the customer will give up and go away.

I was constantly and repeatedly put on hold and asked the same questions over and over and over. I was asked to do many troubleshooting procedures and then told I needed to call back because my warranty info was not updated in their system (I purchased the drive from the HP Store and had the invoice with the order number, but that wasn't good enough). I was assured that the drive failure was thoroughly documented and the callback would just be to finalize the replacement.

When I called back I was put through even more troubleshooting questions than the first call and put on hold repeatedly. That call lasted well over an hour.  I finally started to lose my patience and temper (I don't want to know what my blood pressure was!). I think most people would have given up at this point and I truly believe that is their strategy.

Finally I was told the drive was defective (duh!) and I would be receiving a package to return it to HP - at my expense! The "repair" would take 10 - 14 days.

In the past few years I have had warranty issues with Dell and Canon. HP should take a lesson from these companies. They know how to treat customers. My desktop PC is an expensive HP Pavilion I bought this year. I pray it does not have problems. After this experience I am done buying HP.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum. This is a peer to peer community for customers to connect and share solutions on their HP consumer products. If you have direct feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

If you have other questions and concerns, please feel free to send me a private message

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.