Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/Officejet-6700-Premium-says-color-...

I just spoke to a HP tech about my issue with my magenta XL cartridge being depleted when I hardly ever print in full color.  I just bought another black xl cartridge 5 days ago and desperately need to print a boarding pass for a 7 am flight.  Anyway, he basically told me my 6700 Premium is out of warranty as of 4/6/13...of course it is!  But he will assist me this one time for free.  He walked me through some really generic BS things like wiping off my cartridge heads and the contacts in the printer and when it still came back as needing to replace cartridge before resuming printing I said, "so thats it huh".  He said, "unfortunately yes".  But then he suggested a limited time promotion for me to BUY the exact same model for its current price plus an extra dollar which will buy me a an extra year of warranty.  After a massive eye roll I said, "no thanks, I've learned my lesson".  HP doesn't give a **bleep** about its customers, the cartridges are made in China for pennies and we pay upwards of 40 dollars for some cartridges.  He told me the problem with my printer is a hardware problem and that is the reason for suggesting the upgrade...dumb logic huh. Upgrade to the same lowsey printer? I suggest a class action suit...we have been defrauded and even though we wouldn't get much it would be nice to show them not to take the consumer for granted.

I work on behalf of HP
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

09/14/15 - Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.