Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/Hp-pavilion-DV6-3236-nr-suddenly-shutdown-NO-HEATING-...

‎08-04-201401:52 PM - edited ‎08-04-201401:53 PM

Hello to the Hp Community ,
i have this laptop -Pavilion DV6 3236nr- with Product number LK469UA#ABA and i am extremly disappointed. I thought that my last hope is to write on this forum. Maybe someone had the same problem with me.

* What the laptop does :

i push the power button, i am in the Windows and suddenly it shuts down. No blue screen no warning nothing. black screen. it maybe works for 5 Minutes , maybe 5 hours...its not stable. Sometimes i cant get into Windows too. its unpredictable. It seems like a Heat issue (shuting down the same way).. But its not. i am not speaking about gaming etc... Just surfing on the net, or just do nothing.. doesnt matter , it will shutdown. it shutsdown even when i run this bios tests sometimes.

*What i have done to solve this issue :
1. First of all i thought i have to clean the fan and apply a new thermal paste. i calculated the temperatures and there wasnt something suspicious. Running a programm which reach the 100% of processor load i had a max temperature of 77 degrees. The fan had some dust but not so bad to block the fan. So after cleaning etc i tried but the problem is still there.
2. i thought its maybe the power adapter. i am lucky that my friend has a similar laptop, the pins are the same volt etc too, so i tried his adapter on my laptop and my adapter on his laptop. His laptop worked fine , mines not. So its not the power adapter.
3. Maybe its the cable bewteen the adapter pin and the motherboard? First of all the white LED is always ON (till shutdown) . i placed a battery in a good condition on and removed the pin. Problem reamens.
4. I thought it may be the Memories. They pass the test without a problem. I tried to run on at the time. i dont have other memories for testing.
5. Windows Issue or Hard disk ...i did sfc/ scannow (i didnt make it from the first time because of the continiously shuting down) but when it was donw .. no issue. i placed a new Hard drive , installed a new version of windows. Problem still there.
6.BIOS... i had the version F23... updated to F29. Problem still there.
7. Removed Hard Drive and Memories. powered on , its still shuting down.

I am desperate. If someone knows something please let me know!
i suppose its a hardware problem , something with temperature sensor. or something like that.

Thank you for your time.

I worked on behalf of HP.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

08/05/14- Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.