Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-e-g-Windows-8/Envy-X2-Touchpad-Issue/m-p/2538613#M950...

I had purchased HP ENVY X2 about 2 months ago and turns out that the unit has a problem with the connector (allegedly). The issue is with the touchpad, when I mount the tablet on the dock it works fine for a little while and then the mouse cursor would start moving by itself and the touchpad feels too sensitive, clicks by itself and moves in wrong direction. I updated all the drivers/bios/software, tried all combinations under synaptics touchpad settings, even went furhter with full system recovery and when all failed  I contacted HP support vide service ticket number[Personal Information Removed] and they tried replacing the dock which gave no joy. I tried contacting HP support over again and seems like they have raised their hands. Took them more than 6 weeks without any solution and I received a call from exceptions department with no solution. I was recommended to contact post sales to get replacement which was unfruitful as well - wont replace as the machine is now more than a month old and was advised to write to [Personal Information Removed]. The response was that I was sent back to exceptions team which reads out the warranty agreement and tells me to get X2 booked for repair. All these various teams, tech support, post sales, exceptions, etc. are outsoursed to probably the cheapest contract HP could bag, clearly have no technical expertise, everythign they say is scripted and follow strict path proposed by HP. 

I don't see this going anywhere. Clearly I have been sold a product that doesn't work. Its one of the top of the line products HP has got and I am being tossed from one support department to another, agent to agent, none of them capable of finding a technical/non-technical solution to this problem. THIS IS APPALLING. Truly shameful. Can't believe that HP has degraded to this standard.

I really dont wish someone opening up this machine, and if they wish to do this, I am happy to let them do if they can just replace it with new one. Then they can do all  the experiments they wish to do with this. I have no trust left in HP anymore. I dont even know if its an HP engineer that would be ripping this tablet open or again some outsourced hire.

I wrote to MD complaints expressing I no longer wish to speak to some outsourced support team which clearly has no power to resolve this issue. and unbelievably i got a call today from the same support team telling that the complaint has been forwarded to them and they will be dealing with it as they are the partners for support. I just dont know what to do anymore. I'm stuck with this machine which is more pain than anything. 800 pounds down the drain. 

CAN SOMEONE OUT THERE PLEASE FIND A SOLUTION???

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

04/12/13  - Jeff already reached out to customer on 4/10.   SV

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for Hewlett-Packard.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.