Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet T2600

Hello

I need to setup Address Book on HP Designjet T2600 newly received ,and I need to set up address book for scan to email

I found that I need to setup Ldap setting but I do not find exactly how to set up 

I have the user guide and the explanation but I do not understand what I should put into for example:Server authentication requirements and which account and in the 

LDAP Database search settings section:
6. Fill in these fields:
● In the path to start a search (BaseDN, Search Root) box, enter the path to start searching the
database (for example, o=mycompany.com).
● In the recipients's display name box, enter the name of the attribute that contains the person's name
(for example, displayName). WHICH RECIPIENT????
● In the recipient's email address box, enter the name of the attribute that contains the person's email
address (for example, mail or rfc822Mailbox). 

Many thanks for your reply

Best regards

Mireille

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

First question: Do you have an LDAP server at your location. If you do, then your IT support people should be able to provide the required details. LDAP is not essential. You can use the local address book but this will require manual typing or importing a properly formatted CSV file. The local book is not that hard to setup if you are using the embedded web server as you are using a standard keyboard which typically makes typing much faster than using touch screen.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hello @Mireillelacombe 

Check the information below.

CN = Common Name

OU = Organizational Unit

DC = Domain Component

To find LDAP Server address, open command prompt and type in “echo %LOGONSERVER%”

Bind and Search root example entry is OU=US,OU=Americas,OU=users,OU=accounts,DC=AUTH,DC=NET

Credentials

Username = e-mail address

Password = password to sign onto computer

Some additional info regarding the username and password going blank after they hit apply.

I had my sysadmin look at this.

the login username had to be a specific name setting not just the user name here is an example what we had to use:

CN=Scrubs Account,CN=Users,DC=ci,DC=plymouth,DC=mn,DC=us

(my user name is Scrubs)

credential type in LDAP had to be set to simple and no ssl but server authentication

HarryCR_0-1622210996264.png 

I hope this information will help you.

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.