cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
grandma1982
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Copy and scanner

HP Recommended
Deskject 3700
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I am having a problem my scanner on my printer. it will only pull the original print in from the left side. I have tried to removing the paper and place it back in the scanner with the same out come. Has any one else had this problem before? I dont know what else to try. 

2 REPLIES 2
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,497 1,301 2,103
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @grandma1982, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have scanning and copying issues with your printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Try updating the printer firmware and check if it helps.

Please find the link to update the printer firmware.

Try few steps recommended below.

Resetting the printer can force some types of scanners to calibrate which might fix the problem.
Remove any items from the scanner glass and automatic document feeder (ADF), then close the scanner lid.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
Wait at least 60 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into a wall outlet.
   NOTE:
HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
Load the original document or photo, then try to copy.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot copy quality issues with your printer.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. It is a hardware issue with your printer.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If the paper enters only on one side it means you have an obstruction on the other side. Best thing to do is cut down a stiff folder to maybe 2 inches wide and then force that folder piece in the direction the paper feeds to see if you can force the obstruction out. If it does not then maybe try a stiff piece of plastic also cut down as that is what I use when I service an adf that does what yours is doing.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation