cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
DanBerman
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Design Jet Plotter on Print Server doesn't accept any jobs into the queue.

HP Recommended
HP DesignJet Z2100 44"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have a Z2100 Designjet plotter setup on a 2016 Print Server, the server has the port setup directly to the IP address of the plotter, RAW format.

After the upgrade to Fall Creators, I can not get the plotter to work on any of the workstations.  Jobs disappear and never appear in the print queue.  Even Test Prints disappear.  If you open up the printer properties and click the test print button, we get a message that it failed to print and it could run the printer troubleshooter.  Nothing is found in there.

I've been deploying the printer through group policy to the computer from within Print Mangement "Deploy to Group Policy".  I've also tested group policy computer preferences, as well as navigating to the \\printserver and installing the printer through there.  They all behave the same.

The print server was using 61.162 version of the basic drivers, I've updated the drivers to DesignJet Z-Series PCL3 Driver
61.173.21104.400 found under the Basic drivers.  No change.

I initially thought corrupted driver from the upgrade, but this also happens on machines that are imaged directly to fall creators and not upgraded.

I also tested putting the plotter on a 2012 Print Server, same issue.

The only thing that works is if I manually install the printer on each workstation directly to the IP address.

Test prints do work from the print server itself.

I'm at a loss.

1 REPLY 1
juannqn
Level 2
Level 2
31 31 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

i heard about many issues after last windows 10 update.

here you have an example:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3201130/printing-preferences-from-the-print-server-don-t-sy...

i guess that you don't have a windows 7 client to test rigth?

Do you know if the jobs are arriving to the server queue?

if you log in as administrator on clients and send the job trough server, does it work?

BR

Juan

I am an HP employee
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation