cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Onieda
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Designjet Utility unable to detect printer

HP Recommended
Designjet T795
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have been trying to connect our new Designjet T795 to a PC via a USB cable so that we can use the HP Utility to access accounting features and monitor jobs.

The drivers have installed correctly and Windows can see the printer, but the HP Utility says that the printer is unavailable and the image and text in the overview section are greyed out.

I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled all the relevant software and this has not helped.

The manual mentions a DVD that we should have had with the printer, but we did not get any disks, so I have downloaded what I could from the relevant page on HP's website.

Can anyone give me some clues as to why this is happening and how I get the accounting features offered by the utility and mentioned in the manual?

I should add that we have no way of attaching this printer to a network at present, which is why we are using USB to connect it to a PC. The PC has a wireless connection to the internet.

1 REPLY 1
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I recommend you uninstall  hp utility.....   remove your printer from the printer property....

then restart Windows... let Windows install the driver by itself..... after, check the printer & make sure it is online.

if all ok...   procede to install the utility........

I seen before, some people installed the printer not properly & had multi same printers offlne ... no    utility did not detect it.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation