cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Keith_Rosenfeld
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Designjet Z3100 - firmware + Windows 10 problems

HP Recommended
Z3100
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My Designjet Z3100 stopped working after a recent Windows 10 update.  Microsoft support wrote me that HP needs to rewrite its driver ... but, HP support says 'tough, it's too old .. buy a new plotter.'  🙂

So, I built a Windows 7 machine to get the plotter back up.  While at it, I  thought I'd update firmware and such, but can't find it on the product's support page.  ( https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-z3100-photo-printer-series/3204970 )

From the front panel of the plotter, my installed firmware is:  TR12-TR_7.0.0.3  /  OS TR_2.1.2. 

1) Does anyone know if there is newer firmware ?

2) If so, how can I get a copy?

Thanks in advance.

- Keith Rosenfeld

1 REPLY 1
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just checked my Z3100ps 44" & I have same version & running Win7 64bit .

There is no newer than it. I have 2 Z3100 44" & 2 Z3200 44".  all same versions. 

Myself stay with Windows 7 & never like to upgrade to newer Windows.

Recently I pay $ 9.99 monthly to Adobe for the Photoshop CC 2018 & Z3100 print crazy with wrong paper position & sizes. So I only use CC to edit photos & saved images & print out on Photoshop CS5.

The HP Z3100, Z3200 ICC profiles are good & compatible with Windows 7.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation