cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
The1stKezza
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

FQDN for Firmware updates to add firewall rules

HP Recommended
Pagewide Pro 577 DW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I'm trying to add a firewall rule to allow printers to pull firmware updates using the embedded web server on each printer.

I need an IP or FQDN to use as a destination for the rule.

my understanding is this would be the place that the printers communicate with to pull down the updates

The firewall is a Fortigate.

Hope you can help me.

thanks.

also sorry if this is the wrong category.

1 REPLY 1
rasheddul
Level 7
634 609 35 85
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Thanks for contact with HP Support Forum.

First time set your IP in the printer and goto Printer EWS. There have some firewell settings which is you may check out and help to you.

I hope that answers will support to concern adequately. Let me know! Good luck 

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Thanks,
Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation