cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
benchtech
Level 2
13 11 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HELP!!!!! HP Designjet Z6100, need a plt emergency firmware file.

HP Recommended
Z6100

Re: HP Designjet Z6100 79:04 error, need a plt emergency firmware file.

HELP!!!,

I am in need of the emergency firmware (.plt) file to reload the printers firmware through the FTP backdoor method.

Our printer will not enter the dianostic menus, no matter how many times we try.  I was able to ping the printer on the network, and I am able to FTP into the printer. I just need the (.plt) file to send to the printer.

The firmware file that is available from the website is not the correct format, and is only to be used from within the diagnostic menus.  I cannot get into the dianostic menu, so I cannot update my firmware the easy way.

SO.......

I just spent 55 minutes on the phone with HP support.

They tell me that they cannot help me anymore.  That they do not provide the (.plt) files anymore!

If there is anyone out there who may have the correct (.plt) file needed for a Z6100 printer? Model# 6651A

Please reach out to me...

This can't be the end of the line for this printer?!?!?!

How stupid is it to store firmware on a mechanical hard drive that is absolutely guaranteed to fail over time?

--- And then not at least put the tools out there on the website so their customers can solve these problems on their own.

We now need to buy a new printer, 5K+

YOU CAN BE SURE IT WILL NOT BE AN HP PRINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why not just replace the hard disk with one that has the firmware.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-DESIGNJET-Z6100-Z6100PS-NEW-HARD-DRIVE-DISK-HDD-Q6651-60068-Q6651-60352-/...

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
fallis
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Had same problem was trying to get in the printer to update we finally foundout how, we was not holding all 3 buttons down just 2 you need to hold the exit the up and power key for 10 seconds when turning on printer. then when it is in diagnostic mode install the firmware.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation