Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Cybertron Gaming PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am using Photoshop CS6 on a Windows 10 Cybertron gaming PC (for the Photoshop benefits), have all updates in stalled as far as I know, and things were working fine - print a couple of posters about 15"x30" each week - not a big load but it keeps the print nozels working for the most part.  Today, I have been trying to print as I always have on fast drying semi-gloss paper, set to glossy and enhanced color (which I've used for years with no problem), and it's printing the first 3 to 5" regularly, and then the magenta ink cuts out and it continues printing the images without the magenta.  I've tried looking online for a solution, and tried cleaning the magenta print head (I ordered one today too, but cleaning didn't change anything even temporarily).  I'm hoping that the new magenta print head will solve the problem, but my gut is telling me it might not.

Any ideas what may be going on and what I can try in the meantime?  I've tried printing on different paper, and different sizes - if I do a 10x10" image on regular paper, for instance, it seems to print fine, but I do a 15x15" (which is what I need in this case) and by 5" the magenta is no longer printing.  No error messages come up, it will print to the end of the image just without  magenta after those first few inches.

It seems as if maybe there could be a problem between the ink cartridge and print head slowing the ink from filling fast enough to print a poster?  Just a guess, not sure how to check that.

Frustrated and in need of help.  Thank you in advance for any ideas,

PrintServiceVT

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

do a printhead alignment..... also color calibration...

you should get an answer afterward

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.