Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I replaced the electronics module in my HP Designjet 130 (because the existing one was broken).

I took the electronics module from another working printer I had (HP Designjet 130nr).

The electronics module  was working fine in the HP Designjet 130nr, but the printer hardware was partly worn out/damaged, that's why I wanted to put the electronics module in the HP Designjet 130.

At startup I get the following symptoms:

The display shows a blank lit front panel and the yellow led flashes (cannot turn off the printer or enter the restricted utilities menu "EEPROM clean, factory reset, etc."--nothing moves from there, I can only pull the plug to turn off the printer).

UPDATE:

When the electronics module was in the worn out printer (HP Designjet 130nr) I was able to communicate with the printer via the HP System Maintenance Tool (both USB and network card).--Now, after I installed the electronics module in the present printer I cannot communicate with the printer anymore (no connection or response, HP System Maintenance Tool states that I'm offline).--I don't know what's happening.--All the connections in the the electronics module and also on the printer seem to be connected ok.

Please, will someone knowledgeable point me in the right direction.--Tx.

UPDATE:
The printer is working now.--The problem was caused by the 2-sensor-unit preventing the lids being open.

When the sensor is connected nothing moves, when I disconnect the sensor unit, the printer works fine.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Maybe the sensor for the cover or back door isn't connected to the main electronics properly. Probably something with the back door.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi there,

both sensors are conected and I packed them in several layers of toiletpaper to prevent light (covers have been removed for investigative purpose.

In any case, the printer should still react to pressing the power button or entering the special menu ( EEPROM clean/factory reset).

Anyhow, tx for the swift response!

HP Recommended

EEPROM is stored in carriage assembly too, install the same carriage from the printer the main PCA came from.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.