cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
kspl
Level 3
64 35 4 5
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

How can I completely uninstall print driver (Mac)?

HP Recommended
DesignJet Z3200
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I have two MacBooks, one that prints perfectly to my Z3200 and the other that causes all kinds of errors-- paper size is off and the image is off center.  Both have the same software and driver. 

On the "bad" MacBook, I've tried using HP Uninstall app to remove the driver, then reinstall the latest driver direct from the HP driver page for my printer.  When the new driver is installed,  the custom presets that I wrote are still there, which leads me to believe that the uninstall app didn't get everything. The same problems remain.  

I'm assuming i need to hunt down all associated files and delete them.  Can anyone supply some guidance?

Thanks!!!

2 REPLIES 2
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I doubt the printer driver caused your paper size problem. You should simply go to the print property & define your paper size properly & save them for next time uses.

In Windows, in order to remove printer driver, go to printer main screen, right click the printer you want to remove &  remove.....  ( sometimes if printer has print in quequ & driver won't remove   ( if the case, myself disconnect cable to printerr, then it will be remove easily )

Just my own view & not sure work or not.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
kspl
Author
Level 3
64 35 4 5
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks. Definitely not the issue.  My "other" Mac Book uses same software and settings and prints perfectly. I've tried other paper size settings to no avail. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation