cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Arlen2
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Issues installing driver on new computer, once installed driver not seeing available media

HP Recommended
Designjet T2530 L2Y26A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New computer windows 10, 64 bit.  Downloaded driver version 61.133.1621.100 from the web site. 

Previous computer was  wondows 7, 64 bit, and there were no issues.

Concern #1

During install, the software would not auto find the printer. Had to choose inputting the IP address in order for the software to find the printer.

Real Issue

Concern #2

Under Printer Properties, General tab the window in the lower right that shows all available media on the printer is blank, and does not auto populate with the media installed on printer. All attempts to manually define available media fail and the window stays blank.

When trying to print an ArchD document, in landscape, the preview window shows 36X24 in landscape.

The printer prints on the 36" media and 8.5X11 image in portrait.

Adobe Reader version is 2017.012.20098

Would appreciate a solution to this problem

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
RajDebashish
Level 4
Level 4
79 72 3 11
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,
Please find Below URL for getting printer configuration steps for Windows 10

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04697655

Debashish
I am an HP Employee
If the information I've provided was helpful,
give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
TheDoctor46
Level 2
Level 2
25 25 1 5
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good Day!

Thanks for using the HP forum.

You are using the latest Driver for your printer and should not be seeing the blank media list. Did you try to reboot your computer after the driver installation and connect to the printer succesfully?

Perhaps you can check if your printer firmware is also up to date.

The link to the printer firmware is as below:

https://support.hp.com/sg-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-t2530-multifunction-printer-series/881...

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy .
Arlen2
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

I've contacted HP support directly and was able to resolve the issue by installing a more basic driver and getting proper settings set up.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation