cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
EKSLTD
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Plotter T730 give paper out error on computer you print from even though paper is loaded correctly

HP Recommended
T730 DesignJet Plotter
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Paper roll ran out on the HP T730 plotter and gave a paper out correctly. Paper roll was correctly loaded and plotter shows ready. Any computer you now try to plot from returns a paper out error from thr T730 plotter. All computers have been shutdown and started as has the plotter. Any ideas. 

2 REPLIES 2
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I assume the plotter is connected to the network and is using tcp/ip. First check the ip address of the printer to make sure it is still the same as before. If there is a communication issue with an hp printer the most common message is printer is out of paper. If the ip address is correct then on one computer load the printer as a local tcp/ip printer again where it automatically detects the printer and loads the driver and see if you can print a test page.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
EKSLTD
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Useful information here, particuarly about the out of paper error. 

I have resolved the issue by reinstalling the latest driver on our server, sharing and then installing on the computers. This obviously removed the error and allowed printing again. 

For refernce the plotter has a static IP and has the latest firmware, we have only had this for a couple of months. This error happened a few weeks ago  and I cleared it in the same way. Prior to updating the drivers I could still print test pages.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation