cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
erinhack
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer connection issue

HP Recommended
DeskJet 2548
macOS 10.12 Sierra

My printer will not connect to my phone or my computer. I have followed steps on how to detele the printer off my computer and have re downloaed the system back onto my computer and when i go to try and add a new printer it will say that no printer is found. I have tried to connect my printer to my wirless interent and every time it says that i need to enter a password. I have tried entering my wifi password off of my internet router and it still does not connect. im not sure what else to do

1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
28,008 27,852 1,521 1,616
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ erinhack

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums After reading your post I see that you are getting printer connection issue. I will be a delight to assist you here.

Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂  Kudos to you on that score.:)

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

When did this issue start?

Did you do any changes in the printer?

Meanwhile

Follow the below steps to fix this issue:

Disable IPv6 on the printer

1. Print a Network Configuration Page, and then locate the URL(s) for Embedded Web Server.

Figure : Example of the EWS URL on the Network Configuration Page

EWS URL on the Network Configuration Page
  2. From a computer connected to your network, type the entire URL into an Internet browser, and then press Enter. If the webpage remains blank, try a different Internet browser.

Figure : Example IP address in the browser

Example IP address for the printer typed in the browser

The EWS displays.

3. Click Network, and then click Network Protocols.

The General Network Protocols screen displays.

4. Select Enable IPv4 only, and then click Apply.

Figure : Network Protocols screen

Network Protocols screen
  5. Try printing from AirPrint.

Turn off Internet Printing Protocol over HTPPS (IPPS)

1. Print a Network Configuration Page, and then locate the URL(s) for Embedded Web Server.

Figure : Example of the EWS URL on the Network Configuration Page

EWS URL on the Network Configuration Page
  2. From a computer connected to your network, type the entire URL into an Internet browser, and then press Enter. If the webpage remains blank, try a different Internet browser.

Figure : Example IP address in the browser

Example IP address for the printer typed in the browser

The EWS displays.

3. Click Network, and then click Internet Printing Protocol.

The Internet Printing Protocol screen displays.

4. Clear the Internet Printing Protocol over HTPPS (IPPS) box, and then click Save.

Figure : Internet Printing Protocol screen

Internet Printing Protocol screen
  5. Try printing from AirPrint.

Click here and refer the HP Document for more assistance.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation