cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Ollie-12_
Level 1
14 12 0 0
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post

T120 trying another new printhead - still problems

HP Recommended
Designjet T120
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Well I finally got the last replacement head replaced as it was demed probably defective.  I put in the new one (number 2 replacement) with the new ink cartidges and I kept getting that the 3 colorheads were possibly leaking.  I checked them and put them back in.  I did this 3 or 4 times.  I finally quit getting that message.  Then I got messages saying that the cartidges didn't have enough ink in them to complete the setup.  I put in new cartidges and then got caught in a replace printhead loop.  I turned the printer off.  I got it to go to the start menu.  When I tried to align the printhead, I got nothing past 0%.  I then tried to print out a sample page and nothing happened. 

One frustrating thing is that when it let me check the ink levels when it said I didn't have enough ink to complete the setup, they were completely full or down a fraction.

I am ready to throw this thing out in the snow.  HELP!!!!

Thank you.  You guys are amazing.

Eileen

13 REPLIES 13
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,945 27,790 1,519 1,609
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ollie-12_

“I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.”

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Ollie-12_
Author
Level 1
14 12 0 0
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.  I forgot to reply to your message, but I did give you a thumbs up for you help.  Been busy trying to stay dug out.  The snow and wind have been no fun.

I am looking forward to getting this problem solved. and I appreciate your help.

Ollie-12_
Author
Level 1
14 12 0 0
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI

I haven't heard from anyone from HP.  I thought someone was going to contact me.

This help you give is invaluable and greatly appreciated.

Eileen

Mikeg81
Level 10
Level 10
2,276 2,235 113 241
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you try calling HP?

If you are located in US or Canada, call 1 800 334 5144.

If you are not, go to the following link and change to your country

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/help/contactHP/home?ac.admitted=1486572509308.1123...

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
Hari_MediaCAD
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am facing the same problem. Bought 2 new printheads and 2 sets of new catridges still facing the same problem.

It says cartidges didn't have enough ink.

Anyone able to find a solution for this?

Jorge70
Level 4
101 101 6 13
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello.
When you replace the print head for the new one you must change all cartridges at the same time.
I hope helps.
Ollie-12_
Author
Level 1
14 12 0 0
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you read through my probllem, you can see the same thing.  This forum is great and had good solutions.  I thought the problem was solved.  After my second printhead and numerous more new cartridges, no ink was showing up when I printed.  After almost two hours on the phone with a HP tech, he came up with the solution that it was now my return mechanism.  I can't think of the correct name right now, but it is what moves the printhead back and forth.  That wasn't all the problem initially I believe.  Anyway, to make a long story short it was going to cost me way more than a new plotter because I live in a remote area about 3 hours from any major city .  In fact, the price of more than two new ones.  I decided to cut my losses and quit using it.   It was a couple of years old, but not used all that much.

I kept getting that same message about the ink.  Read through my thread and you'll see some great answers about interpreting it.

If anyone wants several sets of cartidges for free, let me know.  The were used to try to set up the printheads, so they are really basically full I think.   I'll ship them to you for free to get them out of my way.  The plotter, next May, gets recycled at the next city clean-up day.  If anyone has a use for it, let me know, but you will  need to arrange for someone to come and get it as it is way too heavy for me to do anything with.  The clean-up day has helpers that will come and get it.

I love my regular 8620 HP printer and print hundreds of our museum's newsletters on it each month (2-2sided pages each), besides church bulletins. 

I hope you have better luck than I did.

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here a suggestion. You have one valuable part in this unit that could get you over 150.00 on ebay even if used. It is the main pca board located on the left side where the usb or network cable plugs in. If you do a google search for the service manual it is available on line for free and I would download it and use the instructions in the manual to remove the board and then post it for sale on ebay. At least you could get something back.

Ollie-12_
Author
Level 1
14 12 0 0
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you.  I'll give it a try when I get a chance.  I've bought, but never sold anything on eBay.  It'll be an adventure.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation