cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Steve3373
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

T520 Paper jam that doesnt exist.

HP Recommended
Designjet T520 36 inch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP T520 runs through startup, cuts paper and then says paper jam. Repeatedly.

Ive checked for small bits of paper Ive checked the belts, and done everything I can. The first time this happened, I left it over night and it worked fine in the morning. Now it just does the same thing over and over. The carriage moves fine. so I dont understand. Ive even cleaned the encoder strip. Please help with any ideas. Im stuck

3 REPLIES 3
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
6,354 6,337 756 1,063
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you unload roll, and you want to use sheet media what happens then ?

My profile on LinkedIn

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Steve3373
Author
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the esponse. I just tried that. I unrolled the roll and just put some A3 paper into the tray feeder. It started a print head alignment and during the alignment it would occasionally send the carraige all the way across to the left and back again until it got to 84% of the alignment when it picked up the cutter, sliced the alignment page in half and gave me the smae message about a paper jam.

I also noticed after cutting the roll this morning, the cut is very bad and not straight- its quite obviously curved.

Steve

Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
6,354 6,337 756 1,063
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There's probably cutter issue if the cut isn't straight, but if you are using sheet paper the printer should not use cutter and cut A3 sheet.

If you want you can try restore factory defaults and try printing on sheet, just to confirm that the problem persist only on roll, and the problem is probabbly in cutter.

My profile on LinkedIn

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation