cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
tez06
Level 3
36 24 1 4
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

black ink on colourfast vinyl

HP Recommended
designjet 5500 42" dye
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, i have a project for an outside shop window , i am going to use colourfast matt vinyl i have a dye ink system and i know uv is best for outside, so i did a test print on some random image i found on the web, it has a lot of black in the image and after a few days outside these are the results, is there any setting to stop this at all?20190607_132711.jpgvader green.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
skuks
Level 5
249 247 13 34
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you don't want to use another technology (uv or latex printing), try to laminate it with UV overlaminate...and again check results...may be it wil slow down the fading process...

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
tez06
Author
Level 3
36 24 1 4
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi, thanks for your reply, surely though it shouldnt turn like that after 2 days outside should it?

skuks
Level 5
249 247 13 34
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah, but these inks are for indoor in the shadow and lights only 🙂 the sun is destroying it fast...

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation