cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
ashkumbini
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

printing issues from pc but not from usb

HP Recommended
designjet T790
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi every one

i am having issues with HP ploter designjet T790 when i print from pc over network it prints double lines for every letter or number or image, if i do print from usb the same PDF material it prints just fine, so i decided to try different drivers from HP support page but still the same, the only difference was when i installed post scrip driver it prints ok no double line but image is offset letters or numbers now are offset.

i need some help to determine the cause because replacing the formater board it will be the last thing before i go ahead and order it. please check the attached picCC538D08-5195-4318-942A-41EFAFAE710B.jpg

as u can see letters and lines are offset

please advise

2 REPLIES 2
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What you are saying does not make sense. Are you usung the same driver for both network and usb and just changing the port or do you have 2 versuons of the printer loaded, 1 usb and 1 network. If the latter go to the properties of the usb driver and just change the port in the driver to the tcp/ip address of the plotter and then use that printer to send the job to see if there is a difference.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ashkumbini
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printing issues from pc but not from usb

i am sorry for the missed information what i meant that when i print from pc over network i get this issues with offset and double lines but when i print directly from usb stick flash drive connected to the ploter it prints just fine, so i was suspecting that it was a driver issue when printing from pc over network because when i print directly from usb flash drive connected to ploter it bypasses the driver translating issues that might have when prints from pc.

any suggestions that still might be a driver issue? or its the formater bord that needs to be changed. i am afraid that i will buy the formater bord and i will still have the same issue when changed...

best regards and many thanks for the quick reply

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation