cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Morbid
1 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

t120 paper size/loadout issues and ACAD

HP Recommended
Designjet t120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day

I have been coping with this issue ever since we got the plotter cca 2 years ago. 

On and off....

There is an inconsistency in the drivers? Who knows ....

This is the most common issue.  I mostly print directly from Acad so i won't get into the .pdf issues. 

I usually have about 5-10 .dwg files which derive from one , initial file and have identical layouts. (all purged and clean for science)

A3 layout, landscape, paper source: Multi-sheet tray / plain paper

I choose to print the A3 layout from drawing no3 and no9 once i.e. 

I preview no3, doublecheck paper source, click print. Preview no9, doublecheck the paper source click print.  

It prints no3 just fine. But with no9 the printer prompts paper missmatch, in which it states that i'm using 286mm paper instead of 297 required.

Moreover this is TOTALLY NOT the case as i just printed an A3, just from a diff drawing's layout.   

Paper calibration does not help.

How is this possible? And how can i fix it? 

Because after like XX hours and minutes the plotter decides that everything is fine now and starts plotting the drawing it had issues with the paper missmatch earlier. 

Regards

Matej Kure

SAPO d.o.o.

ps1. I am no longer willing to reinstall drivers, as it does nothing but resets the layouts in Acad.

The paper missmatch issue persists. The empty pages and the hexcode blanks are another thing. 

ps2. I am willing to screnshot the #%%#$ out of this 😄

ps3. The device got physically serviced 2 months ago. 

ps4. Never updated the firmware. 

1 REPLY 1
Tabassum_S
Level 3
Level 3
36 36 4 14
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for using the HP forum.

Error : paper size/loadout issues and ACAD

Problem Description:  paper settings issue

The possible cause could be: Driver Settings

Corrective Action:

No need to reinstall the driver, just follow the below steps correctly and start printing.

1. First need to check with the driver settings installed in the pc.

2. Go to control panel-> select driver> right click on the driver > printer properties > advanced > printing defaults
select paper size, paper source and paper type. ( it has to be done only once in the driver, not for every print)

3. Recheck same settings in preferences > right click the driver> printing preferences > paper size, source and type.

4. Open the file in auto cadd > ctrl +p > select printer driver > properties > custom properties > select paper size, paper source and paper type.  select orientation from layout tab> click ok, come back to auto cad print screen> select window > check the preview and then plot.

5. Step 4 settings has to be followed for every print\file as application settings will override driver settings.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation