Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Deskjet Plus 4152

I have been trying to set up my new printer for a total of three hours now. I have tried almost everything online as to how to connect my printer for the first time. I’ve tried the app on my phone and computer and nothing works. I don’t know where to go from here. It will configure my printer but then after I put in my wifi password it says it is “taking longer than normal to connect” and doesn’t work when I retry. 

6C8391F3-7D1B-4E55-A1CE-5487DCC03C3A.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ashlynb 

Consider:

Printer is dual bandwidth.

If router is dual bandwidth:  Set router to broadcast on both bandwidths.

Consider naming each of your SSID networks (one each for 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz) with a different name.

Connect the printer to the 5GHz SSID

HP gallery

Unbox and Set Up the HP DeskJet 2700 and DeskJet Plus 4100 Printer Series | HP Printers | HP

Technology Tips - Gallery

How to set up your printer...

HP DeskJet Plus 4152 | 4155 printer Unbox Setup Connect to 5Ghz Load paper Print/Scan alignment page

and

and

HP Deskjet Plus 4152 |4155 |4158 : Download & Install HP Full featured Software on a Win 10 computer

User Guide

Chapter 3, Starting on Page 21

Unless you are using it, Wi-Fi Direct should be OFF.

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP DeskJet Plus 4152 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up on a post to show appreciation for the help.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find a solution.

Dragon-Fur

Click on the link to subscribe and get the latest video uploads: https://goo.gl/y4Rcn1 Remember to like and share the video if you know of friends that would find this useful. Click on the bell so you will not miss out on any new videos. This tutorial shows how to Unbox, Setup & Connect to 5GHz ...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.