Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Ive just bought a HP Designjet 500 printer 2nd hand 

I have downloaded a free trial of Photoshop and created my first canvas photo

Ive gone to print it and the printer won't connect through photoshop - it simply won't reconise it despite having the canvas printer selected if i select the printer settings its going straight to my defult printer which is a different A4 printer which is why it won't print the correct size of my canvas photo.... it only wants to print max of A4 size and because its searching for my small printer it won't allow me to adapt the media size. 

If I select my printer to be the defult printer then I can't open the print menu at all. 

I'm using windows 10 and my Canvas printer is HP Designjet 500

This is very strange - How do I get it to recognise my canvas printer...?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Can you print anything from your WIN 10 computer on a Designjet 500? Any document, word, paint, windows test page, just to make sure your printer drivers are working. Getting an old Designjet 500 to work on the newest Windows 10 can be tricky.

Designjet 500 is for technical users for printing technical drawings, thin lines ( Autocad).

Designjet 500 is not a graphic printer and it doesn't support printing on canvas. If you can get it to print on canvas, the result might not be as good as it would be on a true graphic printer.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.