Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Those defects look minor and I would not think it would effect performance. Is this the old encoder or the new one you ordered.. Also in going over your previous posts the cable that runs from the motor that controls the plunger movement I think is 3 wire so make sure that one of the wires is not damaged. I would use a ohm meter and meter out the 3 wires to the ribbon connector that attaches to the main board I think.

HP Recommended

That is the old encoder strip, the new one hasn't arrived yet.

The service station ribbons ohm out fine, both of them. each service station has it's own ribbon.

we'll have to wait and see what happens after I install the new strip.

HP Recommended

You are forgetting the connector on the printer where those cables connect. Make sure none of the pins on that connector are bent.

HP Recommended

I installed new encoder strip today,,,,, NO DICE, NO GO, NOTTA,

Same error,,, switch power off check printhead CLEANER path,,

Plotter will initiate- cleaners move to front, carriage goes left, service station moves in and out, carriage goes to right and stops 1/4" short, plunger does not go to capping position, cleaners run into heads, error come up.

I AM AT A LOSS......

HP Recommended

Me to. I told you in a previous post that the encoder you pictured was not that bad. Maybe you got a bad part. Only suggestion I can you is to remove the service station and reinstall again making sure it is sitting right and all connections are done correctly and not broken.

HP Recommended

davidzuts,,,,,,,,,,

I am emailing back n forth with Ralph McGranahan on this issue. 

I'll get back here to let ya know what happens and where we're at on this.

Rich

HP Recommended

You are in contact with the guru of the 1050. If he cannot solve your issue, no one can.

HP Recommended

Davidzuts,,,, I sent this video to Ralph, what do you think

https://youtu.be/UoMdOF2AhTg

Rich

HP Recommended

Some strange noises there.  Some zzing-ing noise as the carriage moves.  I don't think mine makes that sound. 

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Davidzuts,,,, will you please give me your thoughts on this video.....

I am at a loss an need to get this printer up and running...

Rich

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.