Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, sorry to say that I'm back.  I had the PDC running on a Win 7 Home version over wifi and it ran great.  I swapped out that laptop with a Win 7 Professional version.  I can get it to work fine over Ethernet, but not over Wifi.  I've been pouring through my Wifi config settings  and Firewall settings.  The PDC is allowed to pass through.  Any ideas on a setting I might be missing.  has to be a Wifi setting since as soon as I plug in the laptop it works.  One thing, the IP address of the laptop changes due to DHCP when moving from Ethernet to Wifi so I configured my VVX400 to use the URL of the laptop vs the IP address.  All are on the same network that goes over a Netgear Nighthawk router. 

Ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.