Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion AIO 27 xa0xxx Desktop
Linux

ok Ive exhuasted about every option Ive been able to find so far to try and solve this problem from following many steps others have provided that have given some of them sound.I have no sound in either of my Ubuntu 20.04 installs...Focal Fossal or Ubuntu Cinnomon Remix 20.04...just the popping noise in the speakers. Windows 10 still has perfectsound . Im still a newb to linux can instal partition format use terminal format bootable iso usb stuff like that and anything in Windows...but this has me stumped.I know it has to be a kernel version and more than likely an Intel driver update for cannon lake  snd hda hdmi codec I havent been able to find and If I did I dont know how to update it and edit it into the right place!       this is what I got  in terminal about my audio info from  sudo apt commands....   ~$ lspci -v | grep -i audio
00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Cannon Lake PCH cAVS (rev 10) (prog-if 80)
mark@hp-pavilion-aio-27xa0xxx:~$ lsmod | grep snd_hda_intel
snd_hda_intel 53248 5
snd_intel_dspcfg 24576 3 snd_hda_intel,snd_sof_pci,snd_sof_intel_hda_common
snd_hda_codec 131072 5 snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_soc_hdac_hda
snd_hda_core 90112 9 snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_ext_core,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_sof_intel_hda_common,snd_soc_hdac_hda,snd_sof_intel_hda
snd_pcm 106496 9 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_sof,snd_sof_intel_hda_common,snd_soc_core,snd_hda_core,snd_pcm_dmaengine
snd 90112 22 snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_seq,snd_seq_device,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hwdep,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_timer,snd_compress,snd_soc_core,snd_pcm,snd_rawmidi
mark@hp-pavilion-aio-27xa0xxx:~$ lspci -nnk | grep -A2 Audio
00:1f.3 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Cannon Lake PCH cAVS [8086:a348] (rev 10)
DeviceName: Onboard - Sound
Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Cannon Lake PCH cAVS [103c:84ee]     I could be wrong in also thinking it has something to do with the generic driver...If anyone has any ideals or solutions as of July 3 2020.... I would apprieciate anything you might could offer me. Thanks and  to those in the US Happy 4 th to all...and  I Say Up the Covid19 A**!!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.