3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Beats Audio Control Panel doesn't function when using the frontal jack

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 700-314nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

So here's my problem. I want to equalize my headphones using the Beats Audio Control Panel, but none of the options there do anything when my headphones are connected via the frontal jack which has the beats audio logo. When I plug in my headphones using the rear jack (one that's connected directly to the motherboard) all the options function properly and I can easily tell that the software is functioning properly.

The problem is that the rear jack sounds way worse and is a lot quieter, so I wanna know if there's a way to use Beats Audio Control Panel in conjunction with my frontal jack.

If I can't then why does it have the Beats logo?

I have tried reinstalling all the drivers (I'm a tech savvy so I usually know what I'm doing) and I have tried getting the driver directly from hp's site for my specific desktop, all of which resulted in no change.

4 REPLIES 4
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 952
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @Nawres

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that the beats audio equalizer does not work when you connect the headphones to the front panel jack, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you gone through the settings in Realtek audio manager or Beats audio settings to disable front panel audio jack?

Check the 'Disable front panel jack detection' option

1. Double-click the Realtek HD Audio Manager system tray icon.
  2. Click the small folder icon (see the image below).
  3. Check that the 'Disable front panel jack detection' box is cleared.
  4. Now insert the jack plug of either a microphone or headphone into the corresponding front panel socket of your computer.
  5. If you now see the message 'Information: A jack has been plugged in', then you do not need to change this setting as your system has a HDA compatible front panel.
  6. If you do not see this message, then click the small folder icon again and tick the 'Disable front panel jack detection' box.

Click to view a larger image

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Nawres
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply @Chimney_83,

Considering I have an IDT sound card and not a Realtek one, I don't believe I have access to Realtek HD Audio Manager, and as far as I know the IDT "audio manager" equivelent is the Beats Audio Control Panel. Problem is the Beats software has very few things that are configurable, and none of them really help in the situation. 

Screenshot_1.png

This is as close as I can get to replicating your screenshot using Beats software, but nothing here is configurable in terms of jacks. The options on the left are for the rear panel's "Front Speakers" jack, which don't really help at all.

Thanks for any further suggestions.

0 Kudos
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 952
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps, recommend you backup your data on the computer and perform a recovery using the recovery kit created on the computer. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Evolucija
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello. I see you had the problem I did. Did you solve it?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation