Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thanks, this worked for me. I had an error with the self-extracting archive, saying it was corrupt, but was able to extract it using WinRAR and then installed it. Audio quality now seems to be on a par with the standard Microsoft driver.

HP Recommended

I too spent several days on the phone with HP support, going through countless reinstalls and restarts with no success.

Finally, I was sent this link (which I believe is the same as the advisory from several days ago) with a new driver that fixed the issue immediately, and has persisted through restarts.

https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-prodesk-400-g4-microtower-pc/15292287/...

HP Recommended

This driver resolved the issue for the front ports only on our units, the rear jacks are still having the horrible sound issues.

HP Recommended

SAME.  The fix has resulted in a big improvement for front audio jacks.  Rear had a very slight improvement in bass and fullness, but still has massive distortion and limited overall power.

HP EliteDesk 800 G3

HP Recommended

FIXED!!   I have a new HP Elitedesk G3 800 SFF.   Put a Samsung 850 SDD in, transferred the system.  All was perfect, system was fast, fast!   But, audio was horrible.  no base intermittently, also the mouse froze upon waking from sleep.

Frustrated, replaced the Conexant river over and over again, nothing fixed it.   Saw this thread.  I updated the driver, selected show me local drivers, and used the 'High Definition Audio Device' driver native to Windows10.

Problem is gone.  Audio is great, AND my mouse freezing problems are gone also!   System is now perfect.   Clearly the Conexant driver is faulty.

Happy fixing! 

HP Recommended

To those of you still having issues with sound on the rear ports here's the explaination from HP Support that I recevied after sending them a workstation. The front port is working as intended with the current version of the driver, it appears the rear ports are limited by hardware. I think it's time to find a new brand for Desktops, at least for our company as I've also started to notice issues with the build quality on these HP EliteDesk 800 G3's.

Thanks for everyone's feedback!

HPSupportResponse.PNG

HP Recommended

Excellent advice!! Thanks for all your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.